Good road trip route tool?

Discussion in 'Long Range Trips Reports' started by Ken B., Jun 22, 2017.

1. Google Maps works well enough for directions, though it starts to get confused if you add too many waypoints. Is there a good map making tool out there on the web that lets me create my own custom driving maps?

I've tried a few, but they all seem to cater to the same idea: You want a map to get you somewhere as quickly as possible, and some won't allow you to alter your route to use the roads you want, or will straight up refuse to use certain routes because of tolls, going through national parks, etc.

I'm looking for something I can accommodate multiple waypoints, allows you to alter the route to use whatever road of your choosing (seasonal, toll rd, etc.) I'd like to share some of my more enjoyable road trips, but I'm not finding what I want.

Suggestions?

2. I've been using Google Maps and been hearing about this "Rever" app. Let me know us know if you stumble upon anything that fits the bill in the mean time.

3. Hm... I have not heard of Rever before, but interested in trying it out. At least the free app for now.